Pastel New Year card

Hello, dear friends!
Victoria is on the blog today. This month our theme is "One stamp - three ways" and I've chosen to play along with Let It Snow (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set. For my card I used snow-flakes from the set in three different ways.

First of all I created blue background with watercolour sprays, working wet-on-wet. Then I stamped the snow-flakes on it with blue pigment ink and sprinkled it with WS0111 Cha Cha Cha embossing glitter and heat set. That is the first way. Also I stamped little stars here and there with Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and embossed with WE10 White Pearl.
I die cut circles out of watercolour paper, stamped the snow-flakes with clear ink and also used WE10 White Pearl - I needed a soft look for resist effect. That is the second way. Then I used watercolour pencils to colour the circles like Christmas ornaments.
Also I heat embossed chipboard ornaments with three layers of WL01 Bright White regular powder for an enamel effect. And covered die-cut snow-flakes with WS0111 Cha Cha Cha embossing glitter.
The third way was to make an impression on heat embossed surface. I die cut little circles, covered them with WC05 Metallic Silver powder four times and when the coating was still hot, stamped the smaller snow-flake on it.
The sentiment was stamped with blue pigment ink and sprinkled with WE10 White Pearl. I cut a little banner and adhered it to the largest ornament.
I embellished the card with some lace, handmade flowers, resin, crystals and beads, used all the embellishments that prepared before and added liquid pearls and clear drops, little droplets of white acrylic paint for a finishing touch.
Thank you for watching, be inspired!

Let It Snow (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set
Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad
WOW! Heat Tool - Euro
WS0111 Cha Cha Cha
WL01 Bright White
WC05 Metallic Silver
WE10 White Pearl

Where to Buy:

Comments