Bringing design to a light

I love the theme that we were given to work with this month!
I knew what I wanted to make right away!
I have been slowly creating and moving into a crafty studio in my house and I wanted a nice light shade for the ceiling light.
So this is what I created....

The light was on when I took these pictures so it's quite hard to see the colours, but scroll down and you will see a close up shot of the butterflies.
I die cut lots of different butterflies and chose my colour scheme.. I used melt it powder, frozen berries,primary purple orchid, purple glitz, violet pearl and blue topaz

I wanted a purple mix so I took a silver dish and combined my purples.
Then I inked the butterflies and embossed them, one at a time.
To attach them to my lampshade I used a hot glue gun.
Here is the close up of the butterflies on the shade...
I think they look really pretty.
We would love to see how you use your embossing powders around the home with your DIY projects, play along with the challenge and you could win some WOW! powders too!
Happy crafting

Nikki x

Comments

  1. you are so creative...love your project, the butterflies look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Nikki, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and wonderfull idea, looks really wonderfull

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment