Embossing + Laminating = Custom Embellishments

Hello everyone!! Tanisha here with with a really cool embossing technique that I used to create acrylic embellishments.  I grabbed my purple cows laminator and hot pockets, embossing ink, WOW's Gratitude Stamp set, powders in a few different colors, and circle dies.

I started by stamping the "looped squiggle" inside the hot pocket and then coated with WOW embossing powders (I did one color at a time).
 Once all of the stamped images were covered with embossing powders, I placed the pocket on a piece of cardstock, to prevent curling, and ran it through the lamintor.


The heat from the laminator melts (and seals) the powders, leaving you with an acrylic sheet to work with.  At this point, you can use the acrylic sheet as is...

...or pull out your dies and put them to work!  I wanted to create a banner, so I die cut circles and cut some of them in half and stitched them across the top of my layout.


I used the other circles to highlight embellishments and create a visual triangle.  WOW embossing powders are so versatile!  Not only did I create a custom embellishment, I also used them with stencils to add depth to my background and create a mat for my photo!


Here are a few close-ups:


I added a little sparkle to my title using WOW's Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter and changed the color of the metal "love" by embossing it with California Sunrise.



WOW products used:
Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter

Suzy West Collection:
Cotton Candy
Sierra Sunrise Embossing Glitter
Earthtone Nutmeg
Cable Car Red
Earthtone Paprika
Tea Garden Green
Earthtone Olive

California Sunrise

Stamps:
Gratitude Stamp Set

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Tanisha

Comments

  1. China JIALITE is one of the leading Automatic pre-coating laminating machine, Water Base Oil Coating Machine, automatic coating machine Manufacturers,Factory and Suppliers, Our product quality has passed international certification, and the price is affordable, welcome to call and order our products wholesale. Automatic Metal Material Laminating Machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is 'laminating'? China Bopp thermal lamination film manufacturers is a process that involves sandwiching one or more things between two or more layers of plastic, followed by attaching the layers together by using heat, pressure, and often an adhesive, as is described by various definitions of the term that can be found in dictionaries. This process is called "laminating," and it is used in a variety of applications.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment