Embossed Butterflies!

I want to share a really easy technique that is one of my favorite things to change up a stamp. It's nothing new, you've probably seen it a thousand times, but this time of year seems to lend itself to using this technique more with the Fall colors and leaves! I decided to use it with butterflies.

Here are the supplies that I used:


Build a Butterfly Stamp Set
Flowers background Stamp
Neutral Ultra Shimmer powder
Clear Gloss powder


First, I took the stamp and inked it up with the three similar colors that I chose. Then I used a darker color and stamped the outline of the butterfly. Let it dry completely. Then cover the image completely with Versamark or other embossing ink and cover with clear powder. Heat with your heat gun. Let cool and cut out with fine tip scissors. I made 3 for this card.






For the background image, I used the Flowers background stamp, I inked it the same way mixing the colors, then instead of using clear, I used the Neutral Ultra Shimmer powder and embossed it.



Here is the completed card.


This works really great with leaves of any kind! You can stamp them, use an embossing pen and ink dabbers, lots of ways to do it! Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

Comments