Embossed Candle

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to think of something to do other than a card since that is what I seem to do every time I need to post.  So I decided to try something new using an old technique I learned years ago when I first started stamping.  I know you've all seen all the candles done with tissue paper so they look like they have been stamped.  I wanted to see what would happen if I stamped and embossed the tissue paper-I had no idea what would happen or if it would even turn out.  


Here is the final result!

Although it seemed to lose some of the embossed look-it retained the color and texture-actually some of the color bled onto the surrounding tissue paper when I was smoothing it out with a piece of wax paper to prevent finger prints.  I think I will make several more and use them as a centerpiece.  I finished it off with a piece of silk ribbon and some bling.

Supplies used:
Earthtone Olive Regular embossing powder-Suzy West Collection:WOW
Leaf stamp from Gratitude set-WOW Stamps
Bling-Teresa Collins' Blingage
Tissue paper
Versamark pad-Tsukineko
silk ribbon
candle
heat gun

Instructions:
1. Cut rectangular piece of tissue paper that is slightly overlaps when you wrap it around the candle.
2. Stamp the whole piece using Versamark ink and then heat emboss with the Olive Green powder.
Tip: The tissue paper burns easily so make sure you keep the heat moving.
3. Lay the tissue paper on and begin heating with heat gun until you see the wax start to come up and soak into the tissue paper-continue doing this until you've finished the whole candle.  Use a piece of wax paper to smooth out any air bubbles or uneven spots.  The more you buff the candle with the wax paper-the more the color will spread out over the surface of the candle.
4.  Tie on a ribbon and add some bling.


Comments

  1. Neat!! I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this. Thanks for the tutorial. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment