Vintage dressform card with a touch of WOW!

Hello!  Jennifer Roach here and today I’m sharing a vintage inspired card I created featuring an embellished chipboard dress form and WOW! Cotton Candy embossing powder from the Candy Counter collection.


Using the embossing powder and stamping on my card added lots of fun texture and shine and of course a nice pop of colour.  I added more texture to the card by embossing the background paper with an embossing folder and adding some sewing across the ribbon and up the left hand side of bracket shaped paper.

And here are more details on how I added WOW! To my card:

To create the embossed dress form:  I sprayed it with dark brown ink and allowed to dry.  Then I stamped the dress form in Versamark ink with the script stamp (masking with paper to make sure I only got the script part) and heated emboss with Cotton Candy embossing powder.  I embellished it with a ribbon bow and flower.

To create the embossed edge on the bracket shape paper:  I took a Versamark pen, outlined the edge of the paper and heat embossed with Cotton Candy.


To create the embossed polka dot scalloped border:  I embossed the polka dot background with a Cuttlebug folder and then added Versamark ink all over top before adding the Cotton Candy embossing powder. After embossing I die cut the paper with a scalloped border die and inked the edges.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Call me set from WOW Embossing (postage edge script)
Ink:  Versamark (for embossing), Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo
WOW! Embossing colours:  Candy Counter collection – Cotton Candy (blue)
Papers:  Making Memories, Basic Grey, Georgia Pacific white cardstock Accessories:  May Arts ribbon, Prima flower, Maya Road brown ink spray (to colour chipboard), Maya Road Chipboard dress form, Micheals ribbon, brown button, sewing machine, Cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder, Dienamics scalloped edge die from MFT

Comments

Post a Comment